my zambian journey

insights into the world of a peace corps volunteer in africa. ***"THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE MINE PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT ANY POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS."***

My Photo
Name:
Location: raymond palko, p.o. box 160073 mwinilunga, northwest province, Zambia

i'm a fun loving guy who is trying to find my place in the universe. hopefully i can do this while using my knowledge and education to do a little good in this world.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

training is nearing the end

hey,

so theres only one week of training left and the swear-in ceremony is slated for the 14th of august. time really has flown by. it's a bit stressfull now preparing for my final language exam, but i'm putting in a lot of extra time with my teacher, so keep me in your thoughts and prayers that that all goes well. when we got back from site visit last week i had 11 letters and 3 packages waiting for me...talk about peer envy, i felt like the man. return letters are coming, slowly but surely. also i got a package later in the week and i don't know who sent it...i know that sounds crazy but i was rushing around, emptied the contents into my backpack and left the box at the training center never to be seen again. the contents rocked, lots of energy bars and trader joes green tea, so if you are the party that sent it plese let me know so i can thank you. guess thats about all the new stuff i can think of now, my brain is to full of lunda for much else, so wish me luck with this last week of training.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ray-
No 'thank you' needed. I sent the phantom package! I realized I forgot to insert a letter I wrote. Sorry for the shadiness. You don't know me, but Todd Gouchman and Joe Antonelli are friends of mine, and when I heard them say they knew someone going into the Peace Corps, I was ecstatic! I admire you for ACTUALLY doing it. It is/was on my "life to do list", but I let other things take first seat. It is still a dream of mine, but I can vicariously live it NOW through you! Savor every moment, even the shitty ones, and keep us all posted....... I religiously check for new postings!

When you get home, I'd like to treat you to a beer and hear whatever you want to share.

Chandra Medina
chandra324@hotmail.com

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ray,
Glad to hear things are going well. I wish you lots of luck on your language test, I know you will pass with flying colors. I sent you a package as well but I don't know if you will have any trouble getting it. I sent it on the day of your birthday and the girl at the post office said it could take a month to get to you so I have no idea when you should get it or if you already have received it. Anyway miss you tons, nothing really exiting here. My parents say hi and that they miss you!
Talk to you soon!
Love,
Court

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home