my zambian journey

insights into the world of a peace corps volunteer in africa. ***"THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE MINE PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT ANY POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS."***

My Photo
Name:
Location: raymond palko, p.o. box 160073 mwinilunga, northwest province, Zambia

i'm a fun loving guy who is trying to find my place in the universe. hopefully i can do this while using my knowledge and education to do a little good in this world.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

survives week one of training!

hey all! happy fathers day to any dads out there, especially mine. we have finsished out first week of training which has been INSANE! we spent a few days in the bush getting a preview of live as a pcv and it was sweet. now we are living near the training center w/homestay families and going to class all day 5 1/2 days of the week. my brain is ready to explode with all this information and the experience has been very humbling. we are taking it in stride though and each day i realize that this is the most amazing thing i have ever done. please write i would love to hear from you guys and i'll be writing when time allows.

take care.
ray

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to talk to you. Take care of yourself. Katie is due to arrive tonight for the weekend. It was a riot with Rob's dogd, Chloe and the cats. Chloe and Piper really hit it off. Brody was a bit miffed. Two more days of school! Love, Mom

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ray!!!! We heard that things are going well except for the whole Malaria thing. We miss you a lot, there are so many funny things I want to call and tell you but then I remember that I don't have a calling plan for Zambia. Small problem. The dogs are good, nothing exciting going on here. We are headed to my parents this weekend. They say hi and are glad to hear that you are doing well. I plan to write you a letter next week, although this annoying thing called work gets in the way and I can't sit down and write anything. Hopefully next week they won't actually expect me to do anything!!! Talk to you soon we love you,
Court and Rob

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home