my zambian journey

insights into the world of a peace corps volunteer in africa. ***"THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE MINE PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT ANY POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS."***

My Photo
Name:
Location: raymond palko, p.o. box 160073 mwinilunga, northwest province, Zambia

i'm a fun loving guy who is trying to find my place in the universe. hopefully i can do this while using my knowledge and education to do a little good in this world.

Friday, October 20, 2006

hey all

honestly not much new to report, but i'm in town so i figured i'd post. the house is almost finished, really. last week i had three meetings in six days, which kept me pretty busy. the rains have started but not too fierce yet. they are pretty cool, its real nice sleeping at nite during the rain. also i've seen primates in the wild for the first time. little buggers called bushbabies, nocturnal ones that hop from tree to tree by my house.

so i'm gonna watch the angola vs. zambia football match here in solwezi tomorrow then head back home. the next few months should be pretty busy, starting to do more work with the finishing of my house. plus my boss is visiting next week, then in november ill be in lusaka for training and solwezi for thanksgiving & namibia for christmas (maybe even cape town for new years). so hope as the holidays approach you are all well also. nov 12-thanksgiving give my cell phone a shot.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ray!
It sounds as if your journey continues to be a fabulous one! I'm envious. I am learning global cultures from the comfort of my home office and conference calls. I can only hope to someday soon have a little experience in person under my belt. I hope you get the house close to finished before the rains get too severe..the bushbabies may need a place to hang out. I know it's work but it sounds so much more exciting. I hope you are healthy, happy and living your experience to the fullest!
This Saturday Brian and I are off to Baltimore for a Notre Dame game against Navy. Our hopes are still alive for a bowl game. We'll save a seat and a beer (maybe a 6 pack) in someone's living room for you.

Take care...all my best.
Pat Hayden

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home